September 19, 2007

Andrew Douglas Underwood


art esprit reader, (and fellow David Sylvian fan...) Andrew Douglas Underwood wrote to me this week about his paintings and well, I just had to share these with you. The beautiful use of color in his paintings - coupled with amazing motion brings me back to them over and over for a second and third look.

Go view more at website right here.
Here are a few words from Andrew about his work:
I live and work in Dallas, Texas. I was born and raised in Louisville, Kentucky, where much of my family still lives. Many of my family members are artists. As a result, art making has always been a part of my life. I went to art school in Cleveland and Baltimore. I love to read design magazines, blogs and books. They are a constant source of inspiration, especially when it comes to surprising color combinations. There are vines growing around the windows of my loft. My sketches of those vines were the starting point from which the body of work on my web site evolved.
Thanks so much Andrew!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i love the bright colors. there's lightness about them, like floating flower petals. lovely artwork.